U-PAK® injectable pump and valve Sealant
The U-PAK sealants are easily installed with any flat-bladed tool, such as a putty knife or wide-bladed screwdriver. Or, the material can be finger-packed into the box. An anti-extrusion ring of the appropriate material is placed in the stuffing box around the shaft. A second ring is put in place after the sealant is installed. When repacking becomes necessary, you do not have to remove the old packing. Just add more sealant packing material by using the U-PAK injection gun to inject new packing through a fitting installed on the pump or valve stuffing box.
• Reduces operating costs
• Less costly over the life of the pump or valve
• Saves on energy consumption
• Reduces or eliminates downtime
• Extends equipment life
• Never needs replacing
• Reduces shaft and sleeve wear
UPAK 100 SG A blend of high strength abrasion resistant fibers w/non-staining lubricants & special binders.
UPAK 200 GE A blend of synthetic fibers and non-staining lubricants for general services.
UPAK 300 BP A high-performance, chemically resistant product with bearing pellets. Ideal for the toughest applications.
UPAK 400 HP A blend of high-performance fibers and chemically resistant lubricants.
UPAK 600 BG A blend of synthetic high strength Abrasion resistant fibers with lubricants & special binders.
UPAK 699 BG A blend of synthetic high-strength abrasion resistant fibers with lubricants & special binders.
UPAK 700 AS A blend of high-strength abrasion resistant fibers with non-staining lubricants and special binders.
UPAK 799 RP A blend of high strength abrasion resistant fibers & non-staining lubricants & special binders.
UPAK 800 HR A blend of high-performance fibers, chemical resistant lubricants & special binders.
UPAK 1000 LT A blend of high strength abrasion resistant fibers with lubricants & special binders. Flexible to -45°C.
UPAK 2000 ES A blend of exfoliated graphite particles and high temperature sacrificial lubricants for extreme service applications.
Selected types available from stock
Utex engineers have developed the largest array of materials and spring designs in the industry, offering greater chemical compatibility, a temperature range from cryogenic to +340°C, and the ability to handle pressures from extreme vacuum up to 2.000 bar.
Our most common compounds include:
- Filled PTFE composites
- Other high-performance plastics
- -Cantilever V-Spring
- Helical Wound Spring
- Offset Coil Spring
These energizers are available in:
• Stainless steel
• Hastelloy® and other corrosionresistant materials.
Other Utex solutions:
SuperGold® pump packing can be used till 121°C and 170 bar without lubrication and 150°C and 345 bar with lubrication.
Black Mamba ™ maintain a high axial load on the v-rings to help energize the rings to make contact with the sealing surfaces. This combination makes for a very abrasion resistant seal, tough enough to handle the most severe dynamic applications, even when passing over flow ports under high differential pressure. The Black Mamba will stand up to proppant and sand control applications and is an excellent alternative to bonded seals. This seal is compact and able to provide very high relative energization with little gland space
Temperatures to -60°C to 215°C
• Pressure to 1375 bar
• Able to pass over flow ports at higher pressures than bonded seals
• Low shifting force
• Explosive Decompression resistant
• Tear and abrasion resistant
• Compatible with most traditional wellbore fluids
• Can be designed for short gland lengths
• FKM (Viton®)
• FEPM (Aflas®)
• NBR (Nitrile)
• XNBR (Carboxilated Nitrile)
• HNBR (Hydrogenated Nitrile Butadiene Rubber)
• EPDM (Ethylene Propylene)
Fabric Armor* Cloth Type
• Cotton A
• Cotton/Polyester C
• Nylon R
• Aramid (Kevlar®) K
• Fiberglass P
• Aramid/Nomex®/Glass X
- Slade Way-2-Seal Datasheet
- Slade 3300C valve pump packing Data Sheet
- Slade 3300G rotating shaft packing
- Slade 3300I valve stem packing Brochure
- SLADE Catalog 2016
- Slade DSS sapcer bushings pump brochure
- Slade EnviroFoil spacer bushings valve brochure
- Slade PCK packing compressor kit datasheet
- Slade PCK packing compressor kit
- Slade Power Plant Brochure
- Slade Pulp and Paper packing Brochure
- Slade Pyro-Tex gasjet sheet PROPERTIES 2011
- Slade PyroTex HP joint sealant datasheet 2011
- Slade Pyro-Tex Sheet Brochure
- Slade PyroTex Standard Joint Sealant 2011 datasheet
- Slade Refinery packing gasket Brochure
- Slade sootblower brochure 2011
- Slade Stuffit injectable packing datasheet
- Slade VDG Spacer Bushing Brochure
- Newco Floating-Ball-Valves product sheet
- Newco Triple-Offset-Butterfly brochure
- Newco-cast-steel-valves-tech-data TC9308-1
- Newco-cast-steel-valves-tech-data TC9308-3
- Xanik Alloy valves bar stock brochure
- Xanik Bolted Bonnet valves brochure
- Xanik Forged Bar Design valves brochure
- Xanik HF acid valves brochure
- Xanik High performance Globe Valve body guided brochure
- Xanik High performance HF Plug Valve brochure
- Xanik High performance special valves brochure
- Xanik Pressure Seal valves brochure
- Xanik Technical data
- Utex AccuSeal Polymeric Seals technical design manual
- Utex AccuSeal-Capabilities brochure
- Utex Black-Mamba™-Armored-O-Ring sealing alternative to bonded seals leaflet
- Utex overview short brochure
- Utex SuperGold 858 Plunger Packing brochure
- Utex SuperTex™-Thermoplastics-for-HPHT-Service brochure
- Utex Upak-Injectable-Pump-and-Valve-Sealant packing brochure
- Utex Well-Service-Catalog-2018 brochure
- wkm floating ball valve-3/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/20-brochure
- wkm-c50-2 piece thr ball-valve-flyer